Friday, October 31, 2008

Weekly Crunch- Oct 31

Votes!
Tuesday is the very exciting day we've all been waiting for... where we can stop seeing these stupid ridiculous ads. And it brings the special people who approve these messages and their followers stand on the side of the road and wave at you, hoping to change your mind through their expression of cheer. Well, voting day doesn't just have to yield you a sticker that "You Voted" that allows you to shout at every person without a sticker "I VOTED! YOU'RE A JERK!" See what the coting attendant says when you ask for some extra stickers, "for your friends".

Marketing News
Gentlemen are being insulted by the new Axe brand packaging. The Axe Detailer Shower Tool??? Are you (and by you I mean Axe marketers) serious??! If a guy was that dead set about not seeming like a wuss in the shower, he'd just scrape his funk off with a trowel.

I might present a new line of "man items" when I have better graphics software at my disposal. I don't think men are fooled by this marketing ploy. Isn't it kind of more wussy to use a specially fabricated "body detailer tool" in the vein of trying to seem manly, then just, you know, slathering up with a var of Ivory? It floats, you know.

Music News

I've had Bell Biv Devoe in my head all week. It goes between the classic hit "Do Me", and "Poison". I want to ask someone to knock me out. I'll take the theme of Gilligan's Island over this.

I'd like to pass on the pain to any of my 1990's bretheren, along with a literary analysis of the song in orange.


Lyrics to Poison :

[Michael Bivins:] Yeah, Spiderman and Freeze in full effect (We don't know who those characters are.)
[Ronnie DeVoe:] Uh-huh
[Ricky Bell:] You ready, Ron? (asking, no doubt, to see if DeVoe is coherent after his mumbled response)
[DeVoe:] I'm ready (Ronnie confirms his conciousness. Everyone is relieved)
[Bell:] You ready, Biv?
[Bivins:] I'm ready, Slick, are you?
[Bell:] Oh, yeah, break it down (Bell is eager to get on with it, perhaps uncomfortable that Biv called him "Slick".)
[Verse 1: Ricky Bell] Girl, I, must(warrrrrn yoooooooooou) (there's danger a'comin')
I sense something strange in my mind
Situation is (seriooooooooous)
Let's cure it 'cause we're running out of time (Bell has no helpful suggestions as to how to cure it, however)
It's oh, so (beautifuuuuuuuuul)
Relationships they seem from the start
It's all so (deadllllllllly)
When love is not together from the heart
[Hook:]It's drivin' me out of my mind!
That's why it's HARD for me to find
Can't get it out of my head!
Miss her, kiss her, love her
(Wrong move you're dead!) So, really, we find that Bell should not have been warning this girl about anything. She is the poison. He should have removed himself from the situation.
[Chorus:]
That girl is POISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON...
Never trust a big butt and smile (This is the song's thesis statement.)
that girl is POISOOOOOOOOOOOOOON..
("POISON!!" - Kool G. Rap) (Good Job Kool G. Rap! (everyone look appreciative. I don't think this guy is all there. His rap name is Kool G. Rap, people.) Awesome! I like the way you say Poison, like ya mean it!)
[Verse 2:]
[If I were you I'd take pre-](-cautiooooooooooooon)
Before I start to meet fly girl, you know?
'Cause in some (portiooooooooooons) (Hmmm. That's a vocabulary stretch just for some rhyming, me thinks).
You'll think she's the best thing in the world
She's so - (flyyyyyyyyyyyy)
She'll drive you right out of your mind
and steal your heart when you're blind
Beware she's schemin', she'll make you think you're dreamin'
YOU'LL fall in love and you'll be screamin', demon, HOO..
[Rap Verse: Ronnie Devoe]Poison, deadly, movin it slow
Lookin for a mellow fellow like DeVoe
Gettin paid, laid, so better lay low
Schemin on house, money, and the whole show
The low pro hoe she'll be cut like an aaa-FRO (Cut like an Afro? I don't understand)
See what you're sayin', huh, she's weighin' you
But I know she's a loser
(How do you know?)
Me and the crew used to do her! (ahhhh! so is Devoe truly a good representative for facts? He obviously has hidden and deep-seeded issue regarding her.)
POISOOOOOOOOOOOON...
[Kool G. Rap:] ("POISON!!")[Mixing of Kool G. Rap's "POISON!!"] (Good job Kool G.! Maybe after this we'll go for an ice cream.)
[Michael Bivins:]I was at the bar, shake, breakin and takin 'em all
And that night, I played the wall
Checkin out the fellas, the highs and lows (Hmmm. So he swings both ways. Interesting.)
Keepin one eye open, still clockin' the hoes (using a stopwatch, perhaps?)
There was one particular girl that stood out from the rest
Poison as can be, the high power chest (the "high power chest" is something a lot of women ask for when going to a plastic surgeon.)
Michael Biv here and I'm runnin' the show Are you Biv? Or are you scared of the lady?
Bell, Biv DeVoe [Ronnie laughs]..now you know! Yo, Slick, blow.. (Slick has gotten a head cold, and they are helping him blow his nose. It brings up a good point..that the song should end so Slick can go get some rest.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need a trowel to actually fix my shower-so it really would be a good thing for us.

-S