Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CrazyGoods

I'm a big HomeGoods fan. For those of you not familiar, it's a Marshall's-style store with, well, goods for the home. They have nice furniture, and good finds as they have new stuff come in every week.

However, the clearance section is a horror of the ugliest chachka you ever did see. Which is entertaining as well. However, last week I came across this:

Yes, it's a candle holder of FINGERS. There were 2 of them; a set. The longer I stared at it the more agitated I became. Were they all middle fingers? If I snapped a ceramic finger off would it howl in pain?

I went back a few days later to show the monstrosity to my friend Angela. She was bemused, but I couldn't seem to express to her the hideous feeling I got every time I looked at it, yet I COULD NOT LOOK AWAY. So I snapped a picture, to spread the damning horror for all to view. On another note, if you ever need a gag gift, the clearance section at HomeGoods is an excellent place to go.

3 comments:

Sara R. said...

Oh my that is horrible! It's like they wanted to do something clever in a similar vein to the molded arm/hand pieces I saw in a really cool shop in NYC. But they obviously missed the mark with this piece.

Retched just retched!

Danielle said...

Ugh! So creepy and weird! It gives me chills and a gag reflex!

Abandoned Garden said...

Those nails need a little finger nail polish to really make it fab! C'mon Kathleen...give them a good manicure! :-)