Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meat Market


Sorry I've been away (for a half year). I've been working on getting my own business launched. But I need to remember the important things in life, like mocking advertising.

Let's start off by saying these meat ads are disturbing and not at all appetizing. I'm an on-the-fence vegetarian anyway. Raw meat just grosses me out but I haven't made the big switch yet cause I still loves me a cheeseburger. However, these ads just hasten my decision. 

I mean, what they are saying here is that it's an excellent idea to live in a land made of dead cooked animal flesh. And I must object. Also disturbing is the "greenery" that is growing on the beef. Much to my delight, I am not the only one:


I don't really understand advertisements for staple items anyway. Like the whole cheese campaign. They act like we have forgotten that cheese exists. Like if I see an advertisement of giant wheels of cheese I'm going to run out and get some. No one forgets about cheese. It's delicious.

On a completely unrelated note, I was standing in the grocery store checkout line the other day, my eyes roaming the magazines, and I took great disturbance in the recent Washingtonian Magazine cover:

Yes,it's shirtless President Obama and the caption says "26 Reasons to Love Living Here. Reason #2: Our New Neighbor is Hot."

Um, people, I know it's exciting to have a president that doesn't look like the old guys from the Muppets. But that cover is just cringe-worth embarrassing. It makes me uncomfortable. I feel like I'm in sixth grade and NKOTB (New kids on the block, for you SQUARES) just ran by. Or, I feel like I am 30 and all of my peers are screaming because NKOTB ran by again. (They are on a reunion tour; I think some of my friends have dragged their old posters out and affixed them to their ceilings).

Anyway, Washingtonian, just be cool, Greg Brady style. He'll never notice you if you're too accessable. 

1 comment:

Ace said...

Glad to see your back! good luck with the business