Thursday, July 3, 2008

Picture Surprise


Do you remember that episode of the Twilight Zone where the fellow was flying on a plane and he looks out and there is some weird monster dude hanging out on the wing mid-flight? This episode always freaked me out but I also think it's a concept that's kind of funny. On SNL, Andy Samburg did a great sketch of the suddenly-appearing person.

Well another aspect of this phenomenon is when you take pictures and realize later there is a random person in the background. And usually, they are looking at the camera with possession-like intensity. So this happened to me this past weekend. My friends and I had a girl's weekend for my cousin's birthday. Here they are in Blue Ridge, GA enjoying lunch:

Nice pic, if it wasn't for chilling Frau Helga peering from the bushes. Let's look more up close, shall we?


Frau Helga stared at the group of girls, enraged. "Why, those little tarties didn't even smile at me when they passed," she's thinking, " I'm going to make them into a stew."

2 comments:

Abandoned Garden said...

This post was hilarious until I scrolled to the last pic. To my surprise, the woman you so affectionately called "Frau Helga" happens to be my MOM!
Just for that, stew you shall be! *hee* *hee*

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my gosh. The thoughts in Frau's head. Defintely a great comparison to the Twilight Zone.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog when I was featured on SITS. I look forward to many more visits. Off to read more.